Firestarter apk is an open source application that allows you to launch Android applications on your Fire TV. In case you are not able to relate, then just think of Firestarter as the normal launcher that you get with your Android device.
That launcher allows you to manage all the apps that you have on your phone. Basically, it allows you to launch various apps on your device. So firestarter does the same for your Fire TV.
Another potential advantage of the Firestarter apk is that it allows you to install Kodi with ease. You can also use it to install SPMC along with Kodi on your Fire TV.
One of the major disadvantages of the FireTv is that it does not provide any default launcher along with it. That is where Firestarter apk comes into play.
Since you can not run applications on your device without any default launcher, so you definitely need something which you could use to start apps on your device.
And hence, you need to use Firestarter on your FireTV
Download Firestarter apk v4.0
Okay so without wasting much time, let me straight away share the firestarter apk with you.
How to install Firestarter apk on your FireTV
Now this is the section which you should read very carefully. You are not expected to make any mistake while following the steps here.
So in order to install the apk file on your Fire TV, follow the steps given below
Install Firestarter apk with PC
In this guide, I will show you how you can sideload APk files on your Fire device (First gen or second gen ) using an ADB (Android Debug Bridge) on a Windows PC.
- First of all, make sure that you have downloaded the apk file on your PC.
- Use the ADB utility to connect to your Fire TV. Check this out if you do not know how to do that.
- Now enter this command “adb install <path-to-apk-file>” and replace “path-to-apk-file” with the exact path of the file which you want to install.
Another easy way to do the same is entering adb install and then dragging the apk file to the command prompt so as to copy its path.
- Now, wait for some time till you see the “Success” notification.
- Now go to settings, then applications and then manage installed applications to sideload your apk file.
Once you are done with all that, you can easily disconnect your PC with your FireTV using the command mentioned below
adb disconnect <IP-ADDRESS> and replace IP-Address with the IP of your FireTV
Install Firestarter apk without PC
Now in case, you do not have a Personal Computer with you and still need to install the app on your Fire TV, then you can follow the steps given below.
- Go to settings and then locate the System option
- Select developer options from the System list
- Now Click on Enable ADB Debugging
- Once you do that, you will get an option to enable Unknown sources installation, tick on that.
- With that being done, you are now all set to install apps on your Fire TV
- Now reach this address, Settings > System > About > Network
- Now note your IP Address
- Open the Play Store
- Search for Apps2Fire and install it on your device
- Make sure that you have downloaded the apk file from the link given above.
- Open the Apps2Fire app and input your IP Address
- Go to local apps tab and select firestarter apk from there.
- Rest of the work will be done by Apps2Fire. The apk file will automatically be installed on your device.
- Now you can access the app by going to Application > Manage Installed
Features of the FireStarter apk
A lot of people are mad about this app called FireStarter. So there would be something special about it, right? Well, here I am going to tell you the features of the Firestarter apk.
Let me begin
- Allows you to access all applications very easily.
- Able to detect home button clicks.
- Can list all apps including sideloaded app or adb installed apps
- No root access needed at all
- Kodi and SPMC can be installed directly out of Firestarter
- You can export or import settings with ease
- Shows all the device information include software and hardware
- Allows automatic updates
- Given you supreme control over your FireTV
So these features are those which make Firestarter, the best app launcher for FireTV.
What’s new in version 4.0
4.0 is the latest version of the Firestarter apk. Let us discuss what is updated in this particular version of the app.
The biggest update of this version is that the name of the app has been changed to AppStarter from FireStarter. However, we are using the term Firestarter because not many people know about this update and they all still know it as Firestarter
Since the app name got updated, so the package named also changed. Currently, the package name is de.belu.appstarter
And since the home button observation feature is not needed anymore, so it has been renamed.
That’s pretty much it with this update. There have been other significant updates in the past which are not needed here.
Here are some screenshots of the Firestarter app
Firestarter is the best app launcher for your Fire TV. With that being said, I would like to end this article now.
I hope you were able to download the Firestarter apk with ease and were also able to install it properly. In case you feel stuck at any step, feel free to leave a comment below. I would love to help you out.