An electric boiler provides reliable protection against freezing in the cold. It is installed at the dacha or in a private house. With any frost, this unit offers a temperature above zero in the room. When choosing a model, it is important to pay special attention to the power of the electric boiler. On the website E-ferroli.fi ( sähkökattilat ) are presented in a wide variety of decent models. You can choose by studying the characteristics, familiarizing yourself with the price, and comparing several exciting models for you.
Electric boiler for the house – how to choose the capacity
When choosing the power of an electric boiler, it is worth considering some important points:
- A simple formula determines the power of the electric boiler for the house – the area of the house should be divided by ten.
- Power is an important indicator of the electric boiler, which is responsible for the energy consumption which is spent on the heating system.
- One kW of power is needed for every ten square feet of house area.
The power of the electric boiler for the house should be calculated even before you start studying the offers in the online store.
Smooth or step-by-step power regulation is possible. And here you should pay attention to some important points:
- In boilers with smooth regulation, there is a rheostat.
- Power consumption, indicated in the electric boiler’s passport, assumes ideal working conditions. It is about insulated walls, the absence of heat loss through the roof and floor, and windows. The height of the room should be up to three meters.
- For a non-insulated building, such a parameter should be increased. In such a room, an average of thirty to fifty percent of heat is lost. Therefore, it is essential to increase the power significantly.
The choice of the power of the electric boiler for the house is not the only criterion by which you should choose a suitable model.
The main criteria for choosing an electric boiler
Of the main selection criteria, in addition to power, the following should be emphasized:
- rated current, voltage;
- cross-section of the wiring from which the unit is powered;
- availability of heat storage capacity.
Depending on the area of the room that needs to be heated, the appropriate power of the electric boiler is selected. Its indicators vary from two to two and a half kW to sixty to sixty-five kW.
What power the electric boiler needs for the house is relevant to many questions. Knowing the area of your home, you will be able to choose the most suitable model.
Calculating the power of the electric boiler
How to calculate the power of the electric boiler for the house independently is an actual question for those who decide to install the unit in their homes. And here, everything is quite simple. The main parameters that will be required are:
- the power of the device in kW;
- the indicator of the area of the premises – in square meters;
- the parameter of the specific power of the device.
In order to calculate the power, it is necessary to multiply the specific power parameter by the area of the premises and divide by ten.
When calculating the power, it is essential to take into account the heat loss. The thickness and area of walls and floors are also necessary. The heat losses of the material used for their manufacture are also taken into account.
For those who are going to use the heating boiler to provide DHW, you should increase the capacity by ten or even fifteen percent.
To avoid making a mistake in the choice, you can consult with experts by calling. They will help you with the choice and give you valuable recommendations.